The Alliance of Associations and Professionals in Theatre & Live Events includes representatives who work in all aspects of the theatrical and events community including more than two hundred thousand creative and production practitioners.
The Alliance of Associations and Professionals for Theatre and Live Events (known as AAPTLE) will actively share their knowledge about their individual organisations, openly discuss current issues that affect our industry and will all share and collaborate together for a better, more sustainable and fairer future of the Theatre and Live Events industry.
We represent the whole infrastructure of theatre workers in the UK, that includes resident staff and the freelance workforce who come together to create all live performance.
The Alliance believes in the importance of Theatre and Live Events and will endeavour to promote our industry in all sectors of society for its betterment and the improvement of the industry as a whole.
- To establish an Alliance that will be an open and ever evolving community, supporting ways to come together, connect and take action.
- To actively work towards making our industry a safe, inclusive and sustainable place to work, now and in the future.
- To actively inform and share each other’s actions and campaigns and work with the unions in order to have a unified voice in our industry.
- To openly and confidentially discuss contractual conditions as appropriate in order to prevent the erosion of existing terms and working standards and to promote best practice.
- To actively Identify immediate issues within the industry and agree action points to mutually work towards improvements and find solutions.
- To remain in discussion and consolidate as one voice to become more influential in decisions of the industry for our future.
- To use the collaboration of this strong Alliance to benefit all our members and strengthen our associations.